bioCorneum®+ FDA Approved Scar Treatment
1st and only quick drying silicone gel scar treatment with SFP30 cleared by the FDA. bioCorneum®+ is the leading choice of medical professionals when creating a comprehensive scar management plan for patients. bioCorneum®+ available at over 2,000 Plastic Surgeon & Dermatologists’ offices across the country.
bioCorneum®+ parent company enaltus is focused on providing technologically innovative skin care products for both medical professionals and consumers. enaltus’ product portfolio focuses on scar management for all patients; safe skincare products for women, before – during – after pregnancy, and babies; hyperhidrosis; hyperpigmentation; anti-aging; and dry skin. enaltus brands are available in over 50 countries. enaltus is a privately held company headquartered in Suwanee, GA, USA. Core brands include Kelo-cote®, Belli, CapriClear, and bioCorneum®+.
bioCorneum®+ binds with the stratum corneum (the outer layer of skin cells) to protect the underlying tissue against chemical, microbial and physical invasion of the scar. bioCorneum®+ hydrates the scarred area and creates an environment which allows the scar to mature through normal collagen synthesis cycles and improves the physiological and cosmetic appearance of the scar.
Sun may hamper proper healing of scars and the SPF 30 UV protection ingredients in bioCorneum®+ may protect the maturing scar from the darkening effects of sun exposure, a feature unique to bioCorneum®+ as it is the only patented silicone scar treatment of this kind. Doctors’ scar management plan incorporates the patented silicone formulation in bioCorneum®+ because it has been shown to help prevent abnormal scarring after procedures as well as help to flatten, soften, and smooth scars, reduce discoloration, as well as relieve associated itch, pain and discomfort of scars.
bioCorneum®+ basics –
- 1st and only patented blend of silicone with SFP 30 cleared by the FDA
- ONLY topical scar management product with over 2,000 patients in published clinical studies proving safety and efficacy
- Application is quick and simple
- Self dries quickly to form an invisible, flexible silicone sheet
- Helps prevent abnormal scarring after surgery (cosmetic or medical); also works for scarring from all types of burns
- Soften and flattens raised scars
- Prevents discoloration caused by sun-exposure by incorporating sun screen ingredients providing an SPF of 30
- Reduces redness and discoloration
- Relieves itch and discomfort associated with scar healing
- Water –resistant
- May be used on irregular surfaces as well as large area scars
- Make up may be worn over